Carden Hall 2020–2021
Returning to the Island of Good
Carden Hall was among the first of Orange County schools to be awarded a waiver to commence in-person, on-campus learning on Monday, August 31. The state’s extensive waiver process included a thorough review of Carden Hall’s proactive mitigation strategies, enhanced safety measures, and our commitment to ensuring that all COVID-19 safety guidelines and best practices are consistently followed. Our COVID-19 Parent Handbook outlines our updated plans for day-to-day operations. Our junior high students began the year with Remote Learning until Orange County has been off of the Monitoring List for 14 consecutive days (September 22, 2020).
Remote Learning will be available for students in two-week increments through February beginning Monday, January 11, 2021. The two-week Remote Learning Commitment options will begin on the week of January 18, 2021, and will end on Friday, February 26, as reflected below:
- Tuesday, January 19–29, 2021 (Request by 1/14 at 10:00 a.m.)
- February 1–12, 2021 (Request by 1/28 at 10:00 a.m.)
- February 22–26, 2021 (One Week Only) (Request by 2/11 at 10:00 a.m.)
- NOTE: This week follows Winter Break, February 15–19.
To request any of these Remote Learning options, please submit THIS request form.
Two-week Remote Learning options are not offered to accommodate non-essential travel and/or vacations, as simultaneously teaching in-person and remotely presents additional challenges for both teachers and students.
Our Pre-Kindergarten program is licensed by the State of California as a child care center. Therefore, we are pleased to confirm that our Pre-K classes will be held on campus daily, unless there is a mandated government shutdown of child care centers.
Carden Hall COVID-19-Related Quick Links
If at any time, you and/or your child have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or begin to develop symptoms, please keep your child home from school, contact your healthcare provider, and notify us here at Carden Hall immediately by calling or emailing Mrs. Chek at 949-645-1773, ext. 155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carden Hall COVID-19 Parent Handbook
- Campus Safety Measures and Mitigation Strategies
- COVID Facts and Carden Hall Company Policy
- Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHCA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)